Monday 21 July 2014

The Important MAC Eyeshadows..





Hey guys!

I have wanted a MAC duo palette for a long time, but it was so hard to determine what two "special" colours I would put in there that I would use on a daily basis.

I knew I wanted a highlight and an eyebrow shade, as before I was using a mixture of the brown and black shades from my Stila "In the Light Palette". For travelling about, the Stila palette isn't very compact at all. Picking the right eyebrow shade proved a challenge as I have very dark eyebrows and I had heard the shade "Brun" would be perfect. The lady in the MAC store however said that it may be too dark and once applied on the eyebrows it would go slightly darker anyways. She suggested the shade "Expresso" would work very well. This is a medium brown colour which is very pigmented. Even though my eyebrows are slightly darker than the shade, it works perfectly. So girls go lighter on the eyebrows rather than darker! I have also heard that grey eyeshadows work well on brown eyebrows..I may have to invest in the near future.

The highlight shade I picked is "Brule" a cream shade that has a slight pink undertone. It is also very pigmented and a great shadow for either eyelid or under the eyebrow. Both of these colours are matte and the textures of them are amazing and a reason why I love MAC eyeshadows.

The great thing about both of these shades are that they work incredible together on the eyelid. "Expresso" is fantastic for using in the crease and whilst both of these colours may be seen as "boring" they look great for an evening out look and do not look boring on at all if blended in well. In fact I think these would be the first eyeshadows I will hit pan on.


No comments:

Post a Comment